GIS/GPS Data Collection Intern: Delaware, Ohio, Summer 2017
Delco Water Company: http://delcowater.org
Reports to: GIS Manager/Engineering Supervisor, Department: Engineering
$10.00 – $14.00 per hour
To apply for this Internship, please email a current resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: April 4, 2017 at 4:30PM
Area of Responsibilities: Assist in the collection of the Del-Co Geographic Information System (GIS) Data. The individual will assist Del-Co personnel with information upon request.
Summary of Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- GPS field collection of water system asset locations and attributes.
- QA/QC of GPS data collection by Del-Co personnel.
- Properly store and organize GIS information in relation to Del-Co standards
- Editing of spatial data based on data acquired through as-built research and field collection. This will include correctly digitizing GIS assets and adding/updating attribute values based on corrected information.
- Compiling of data based on user requests and presenting in requested formats such as maps, tables, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Know and follow all safety guidelines and best practices for position.
- Work as a team member and cooperate with others on group projects.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, client, co- workers and management.
- Know and uphold the policies, procedures and philosophies of Del-Co Water Co., Inc.
- Current student or recently graduated from an accredited college/university with an area of focus in GIS or related field
- Experience with GPS equipment and software particularly with Trimble TerraSync a plus
- Experience with GIS web mapping applications
- General understanding of how to read Engineering plans and As-Built Drawings preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
This is light work requiring the exertion of 20 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Most work will be outdoors, possibly in inclement weather, and require a considerable amount of walking. The work requires visual acuity to operate computer equipment and for reviewing, checking, preparing and maintaining written and computer files. Manual dexterity is required to operate standard office, data entry, word processing and other computer equipment. Incumbent is required to have sufficient hearing ability to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.