Ohio Wesleyan, City of Delaware, Ohio EPA Hosting Free Three-Day Speaker Series
OWU and the City of Delaware will collaborate with the Ohio EPA for an upcoming grant-supported speaker series on water management careers.
DELAWARE, Ohio – Designed for high school and college students, you’re invited to participate in a three-day, online “Careers in Water Management Speaker Series.”
The free event will be held Oct. 5-7 and provide information about careers in stormwater, wastewater, watershed, and drinking water management, among other fields.
Contact Caroline Cicerchi for Zoom Details:
Careers in Water Management Speaker Series I
Monday, Oct. 5 from 9:30 AM – 10:20 AM:
- Jeff Paetz, Phoenix Environmental (15 minutes)
- Heather Sheets, Ohio Clean Marinas (15 minutes)
- Caroline Cicerchi, City of Delaware (15 minutes)
Careers in Water Management Speaker Series II
Tuesday, Oct. 6 from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM:
- Sarah Orlando, Ohio Sea Grant (15 minutes)
- Chad Spring, City of Delaware (15 minutes)
- Erin Wolfe, Delaware SWCD (15 minutes)
- Janelle Valdinger, Ohio Wesleyan University (10 minutes)
Careers in Water Management Speaker Series III
Wednesday, Oct. 7 from 11:50 AM – 12:40 PM:
- Christine Szymanski, ODNR Scenic Rivers (15 minutes)
- Jeff Kauffman, Del-Co Water Company (15 minutes)
- Chris Roshon, Preservation Parks (15 minutes)
The event is supported by a grant from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and presented by the OEPA in collaboration with Ohio Wesleyan University and the City of Delaware Public Utilities Department.
The speaker series will include panelists from both the public and private sector, and each session will conclude with a question-and-answer session.
Organizations confirmed to speak during the series include:
- City of Delaware Public Utilities
- Del-Co Water Co.
- Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District
- Ohio Clean Marinas
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources: Scenic Rivers
- Ohio Sea Grant/OSU Extension
- Phoenix Environmental
The sessions – also part of the OWU classes Introduction to Environment and Sustainability 100.1 and Conversations Toward a Sustainable Future 100.2/400.1 – are scheduled for the following dates and times:
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Oct. 5
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 6
- 11:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Oct. 7
For access to the online Zoom sessions, email Caroline Cicerchi, Delaware’s watershed and sustainability coordinator, at email@example.com. Learn more about Ohio Wesleyan’s Environment and Sustainability Program at owu.edu/environment.